- This event has passed.
Pittsburgh Electrical JATC – Veteran Open House
February 15 @ 12:00 pm - 3:00 pm
- Veterans can tour the exceptional facility and view the classrooms, state-of-the-art equipment, and training resources available to apprentices.
- Demonstrations of equipment and training will be conducted throughout the day
- Veterans, who are members of IBEW 5, will be on-hand to discuss career opportunities as an electrical worker.
- Instructors will be available to discuss the training process.
- Veterans can learn more about the application process for becoming an apprentice in the upcoming training class (two week period beginning 3/10/2020).
During your Apprenticeship with IBEW Local 5:
- Students will achieve specialized skills and abilities that make them stand apart in the workforce.
- You will receive a free and exciting skills-based education that allows them to earn while they learn.
- Apprentices will receive their training at a world class training center as well as at real-world job sites.
- You will have the opportunity to pursue a dynamic career with a healthy paycheck, great benefits and lots of opportunity for growth and travel.
The recruitment, selection, employment and training of apprentices during their apprenticeship shall be without discrimination due to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, or non-job-related disabilities. The sponsor shall take affirmative action to provide equal opportunity in the apprenticeship and will lead by example under Title 29 or the Code of Federal Regulations, Part 30 and the Equal Employment Opportunity Regulations of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.